A future in agribusiness.

One of the things that bodes well for having an advanced degree in agribusiness is the number of job opportunities available.

I'm not job hunting, but if I were, I think it wouldn't be too hard to find employment in any agri-industry right now.

I was fishing around on AgCareers.com in search of some stats on the employment outlook for the industry. They do a comprehensive report each year, but I'm too cheap to buy the data. Plus, as I don't work in human resources, I don't know what I do with it all once I was done reading.

Regardless, here are a few interesting tid-bits they share free-of-charge on the site:
  • Greater than 95% of companies experienced an increase in salaries of greater than 2.1% in the last twelve months
  • More than 30% of agribusinesses experienced employee turnover greater than 20%
  • 74.4% of companies estimate they will have 1 to 5% of employees expected to retire in the next 2 years

If you do work in H.R., or if you're not as cheap as me, you can buy all of the 2007 data here for $295.

No comments: